Thursday, December 24, 2015

Stitch Fix #7 Review and my NEW CANON camera!


I am so incredibly excited! I am just giving myself the ultimate Christmas over here! 

FIRST...I received my Stitch Fix for December. This is Fix #7 for me and I had very specific requests for my stylist this time. She nailed it.

Plus, the day after my fix came, I received my new Canon camera! I am so excited to share this Stitch Fix review with you today using my new camera. The difference in the image quality is insane!  I can't believe that I waited so long to upgrade my camera!

(**Please excuse my iPhone quality image**)

In case you're wondering, I'm using a Canon EOS Rebel SL1. I am extremely happy with it so far!

I couldn't resist the opportunity to play with my new camera and I had to take a few naps of this gorgeous poinsettia that one of my students brought me as a Christmas gift on the last day of school. So pretty!!!

So, here's my new box....


I specifically asked my stylist for a 50's inspired box and I was very happy with the outcome. I've been really refining my style lately and I love the whole retro 50's vibe. I wanted more pieces to fit this type of wardrobe.

What is Stitch Fix?!

In case you're not familiar with what Stitch Fix is, it's a subscription personal styling service.  You can control how often you get shipments, what the price range of items in your shipment is, and what colors or types of items are sent to you! 


 

The service costs $20 a month to be styled but the fee is deducted from any items that you decide to keep out of your box.  If you keep all 5 items in your box, you get a 25% discount.  My boxes usually run around $170-$200 to purchase the entire box. I usually just pick a few pieces for under $100.

When you get your box, it's wrapped so nicely!  It includes a gorgeous box with details about what to do next, a letter from your stylist, style cards to help you style your items, and a bag to return anything you're not keeping!

Let's get to it!


Anita Skinny Pant - $78

Alright, I don't have any pictures of these specifically. What I will say that is that I am wearing these pants in half of the photos. In the other half, I'm wearing a pair of black skinny pants that I already owned. I bought those particular pants at Maurices for HALF the price of these ones. Can anyone figure out which photos are the cheap {well...normally priced} pants and which are the expensive pants?

Overall, these are nice pants. I just won't spend $78 on something that I already own. However, props to my stylist. If she's sending me stuff that I already have, then she's on track!

VERDICT: RETURN

Aldana Scoop Neck Blouse - $48

The first thing that I tried on was this polk-a-dot top. It's amazing. It's flowy but in a good way. Not in the maternity style muumuu type of way. 



VERDICT: KEEP!!

Alondra Ruched Pencil Skirt - $58

I am very happy with this skirt! It's so comfortable. Literally, it rivals the comfort of sweat pants. It's insane. Sooooo good. I love the sleek pencil skirt style. It's effortlessly classy while feeling like you're relaxed and dressed down. The ruching details on the side keep the skirt interesting and visually appealing.




VERDICT: KEEP

Coffman Button-Up Cardigan - $48

Alright, nothing screams retro 50's vibes like a good red cardigan. This really is the perfect cardigan. The details at the shoulder keep it elegant and interesting while the cut screams 50's fashion. The cropped sleeves and short length make this a definite wardrobe staple! I can imagine this now with a great head scarf!



VERDICT: KEEP

Shiloh Tonal Dot Print Sleeveless Blouse - $58

Alright, I really tried to love this blouse. The blue tonal dots and it's classic Americana style had be longing to love it. I took so many different pictures in this shirt in an effort to find a picture of me wearing it that screamed "don't let go of this!!" In the end, I just couldn't come up with a single shot and I didn't like it anymore in the end than I did when I put it on. 

It's not that it's unflattering it's just that it....isn't flattering. I do love the scallop hem though. That's adorable. At the end of the day, I just can't justify a $58 shirt that I don't adore.




VERDICT: RETURN

I'd love to hear what you think of my pieces or read your reviews of your Stitch Fix! Please comment on your favorite item or leave a link to your own Stitch Fix review!


2 comments:

  1. I love that skirt and the sweater is adorbs!! Polka stuff was cute but definitely too expensive for a "meh" feeling. So excited for you and your camera!!! Can't wait until your 50s photo shoot!! PS You're making it hard for me to keep just saying no to Stitch Fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, I have had some complete flops with Stitch Fix. BUT, it's still fun. You just have to be prepared to run the risk that you might hate your entire box. It happened to me once! However, when they get it right, it's so worth it. I'm going to request this stylist again.

      Delete