Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Sun, Moon, Earth NGSS Aligned Flip Book for 5th Grade


I feel like I'm constantly searching for high-quality, NGSS aligned science content for my classroom. We're going to start taking the new NGSS aligned science test next year and I've been (slowly) trying to get myself ready for the change next year.

I have two resources in my store thus far for the NGSS standards. These resources are quite difficult to make because the NGSS standards require significant interpretation and analysis. However, I have finally finished my second product. Along with my energy flow/ecosystems mini book, I now have a sun, moon, earth flip book.


This flip book covers each major topic addressed in NGSS. The bottom part of the flip book contains text on the topic. I love using this as a close read type activity. We work through unknown vocabulary and take notes on our learning as we read. 


The upper flap has visual illustrations of the content. This is helpful for supporting ELD students and struggling readers in understanding the content in the text. 



The end of the book contains response activities for the students to complete. They can all be completed at the end as a form of assessment or they can be completed as you read to aid in comprehension and developing strong constructed responses. All responses are open-ended because I believe that students need ample opportunities to write and explain their thinking. 

I am so excited about this new(er) addition to my store and I can't wait to put out more NGSS aligned flip books for you! I'd love to know what topics you're interested in so feel free to leave them in the comments!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back
    again. I am bookmarking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete