Monday, April 27, 2015

Stitch Fix #3 Review



Yes! It is Stitch Fix review time AGAIN! Have I told you how obsessed I am with Stitch Fix?! I seriously LOVE it! Love it, love it, love it!

This month, I feel like I really benefitted off the main purpose of Stitch Fix. For me, I use Stitch Fix because I want to build a unique sense of personal style while also being pushed outside of my style comfort zone and personal boundaries.


This month, I was sent a few things that I NEVER would have picked out. I mean EVER!!

In case you're not familiar with what Stitch Fix is, it's a subscription personal styling service.  You can control how often you get shipments, what the price range of items in your shipment is, and what colors or types of items are sent to you! 



The service costs $20 a month to be styled but the fee is deducted from any items that you decide to keep out of your box.  If you keep all 5 items in your box, you get a 25% discount.  My boxes usually run around $170-$200 to purchase the entire box. I usually just pick a few pieces for under $100.

When you get your box, it's wrapped so nicely!  It includes a gorgeous box with details about what to do next, a letter from your stylist, style cards to help you style your items, and a bag to return anything you're not keeping!


Everything is always so soft and this box was SO visually appealing from the get go. In case you don't know me...my entire closet is made up of natural tones. I have kept a few pieces with color from my past two boxes but overall...my closet looks like this...black, navy, cream, blush. I love it that way.





One thing that I really appreciate is the personalized letters from your stylist. I love when I can see that they've taken the time to get to know me and what I'm looking for. There are a few key details in this letter that show me that my stylist was really paying attention! I love how she told me how to style my outfits for my entire summer...not just certain segments. This makes it more relevant to my life. I also love how she suggested styling a piece with something that I kept last time. I want to know what to do with the pieces from my previous fixes! Keep it coming, Sam!

Let's start looking at my items!

Spencer Striped Jersey Dress $54 (Returned)


Stitch Fix review

Stitch Fix Review

I knew that I would love this dress from the second that I saw it on my sneak peek checkout cart! It's just the right style and color scheme! What I didn't plan for was how incredibly flattering the cut and style would be! This is the perfect dress for me. I love how it can be mixed with a sweater, tights, or worn as is!

The only reason that I didn't keep this dress is because I just felt like the price was too high for what I would be getting. In the end, it's just a thin cotton dress and not worth $54 when I can find something pretty similar at Maurices or H&M for around $25-$30. 

                        

Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan - $68 (KEEP)

Stitch Fix Review

Stitch Fix Review

This cardigan, sweater is great. I love the weight of the fabric and the way that it drapes. I love the unique style and the asymmetrical zipper. What I don't love is the way that I zipped my hair into it (and I mean ferociously zipped my hair) while I was putting it on. I don't love how long the sleeves are (short people problems). However, mostly I loved it! I had to keep it because I've never seen anything like it. It's also neutral and very easy to style. It'll fit into a capsule wardrobe quite nicely.

                         Stitch Fix Review
First, I styled it with the dress. This was suggested by my stylist and I actually really liked it.

                  Stitch Fix Review
Then, I tried it on with jeans. I wanted to see how it looked as a more casual style while also showing you what it looks like when it's zipped up. It pulls a little weird but I think that I love it.  The neckline is gorgeous.

Emelle Lace Detail Tank - $38 (RETURNED)

Stitch Fix Review

Stitch Fix Review

Ok...let me be serious. I hated this tank top. It felt like some weird "Little House on the Prarie" shirt. Plus, it was sheer down the center, requiring me to layer a cami under it. I don't love layering. Plus, it cut upward weirdly on the side. All around...no.  Nope. Nope. Nope.

P.S. Ignore the JUMBO bruise on my arm. It's lingering damage from my bike wreck!

Evie Draw String Funnel Neck Sweatshirt - $64 (KEEP)

Stitch Fix Review

Stitch Fix Review

When I looked up my sneak peak online, I was like...ugh...why would she send me a sweatshirt. Let me tell you something. I don't know how I've lived without this! The fabric is beautiful. It's so comfortable. The color matches everything in my wardrobe. It's super casual but super cute at the same time. This sweater is heaven.

                      Stitch Fix Review
This is how I pretend to be all casual. :)

Marilyn Mix Striped Maxi Skirt - $58 (Returned)

Stitch Fix Review

Stitch Fix Review

I'm on the fence with this one. The fabric is so soft and lovely. It has a heavy drape to it, which I like. I love the navy and white stripes. Those are adorable. I've never thought that maxi skirts were super figure flattering on me. My boyfriend likes it but it just doesn't make me feel like a million bucks so I have to pass.


As always, thanks for reading and sharing in my StitchFix journey!  If you want to try it out, you can use my referral link to sign up!  I'll get a small credit for referring you as well to help me continue to bring you these reviews!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am totally in love with the sweatshirt- I NEED one!!! Also agree with you on the lace tank- the high neck would be useless for me! Snaps on colour scheme also- surprise, surprise! I wish SF delivered to the UK- weep Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this sweatshirt is DEFINITELY a keeper!! I would say that my wardrobe is largely influenced by my time in the UK. Before I ever started working in the UK, I wore neons and bold prints and all this crazy stuff. Now, over the past few years, it's more like "give me some navy and I'm good." Haha.

      Delete
  2. Those items are really cute, but definitly not on a teachers budget.

    ReplyDelete