Thursday, October 1, 2015

Currently - October 2015



Listening:
Right now, I"m listening to The Whimsical Teacher on Periscope. Seriously. I've been all over the scopes this week and The Whimsical Teach is so funny! If you're on her scope right now, I can guarantee that you're cracking up!

Loving:
I am seriously obsessed with my Teach Happy Membership lately. I wasn't 100% on board in the spring/early summer but this past month, THM has been giving me life. There's just so much to talk about and I love that it's an ALL TEACHER site! I can't get enough of chatting with like-minded people and networking with fellow educators! The THM has me so fired up lately. Really...thank Sheila Jane Teaching for the recent influx of blog posts.

Thinking:
All of the things. I can't even sleep lately. There's just so much going on!! School, education, life, all of it!

Wanting:
In light of the school shooting in Oregon today, all I want is health and happiness for my state and my community. Oregon is such a small state to have seen so many shooting tragedies. I cannot say enough prayers for my home state tonight.

Needing:
Little known fact, I decided to get healthier on Monday. I've been a stress eating mess with my grandpa being in the hospital and school starting. I cannot hide the fact that I really need to get my act together. I haven't eaten a piece of candy in four days. That might not seem major to you but that midday slump hits me hard and I need that candy boost right before math. I haven't broken down and I HAVE been to the gym most days after work this week. I still need that candy though...

Boo-tiful:
Something that makes me feel beautiful are the days when I'm ready to go in full M•A•C mode to work as a makeup artist. There are times where I feel like M•A•C is the only place that can complete part of my soul. Makeup artistry is a huge passion of mine and nothing can replace it. I also do independent makeup work but there's just something about being dressed in all black and rocking it out at a M•A•C event that I can't get enough of!


Come link up and share what you're currently up to!



10 comments:

  1. Isn't Periscope just so much fun! I can't believe how connected the teacher community has become thanks to that and Blab.im! I have a friend who loves MAC. She's gotten me to get a few things, but I hardly ever wear makeup these days.

    SouthernTeacherWBT.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Periscope is just so FAB! I am addicted to it. I really need to get on it more myself though!!

      Delete
  2. These school shootings are just terrible! There must be something we can do...

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We shouldn't have to live in a world where this is the norm.

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! Thinking about Oregon today too. So sad and scary. What a fun hobby you have on the side. The MAC people always look so happy and like they're having so much fun. Good luck with the healthy eating. October is the worst with all the candy everywhere!! I allow myself just a tiny piece each day. Happy Weekend!

    -Katie
    http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! M•A•C is a blast! We do have a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. I'm praying and thinking about Oregon! Teacher brain is definitely in overload this time of the year. I completely understand what you are talking about! I'm going to have to check into THM, I love catching Sheila Jane on Periscope, she's always an inspiration!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my teacher brain is REALLY on overload lately. I was still dreaming about teaching stuff last night and it's the weekend!!! I can't stop. Haha. You MUST check into THM! I just love Sheila Jane!

      Delete
  5. You blog is so eye catching, it's great! I was so devastated for everyone in Oregon with the awful shooting news that we woke up to over here, it was all over our news, such a horrible, horrible event to happen. Well done on your healthy eating! I always find I can last that little bit better if I have something to look forward to, so I'm really good all week, then Friday morning I let myself have something nicer than usual for breakfast, and usually a treat for tea, really gets me going again for the next week and really motivated! :)

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so very happy with my blog design! Yes, the recent event in Oregon has been so heartbreaking. As educators, it's terrifying to see these things happen. Especially as an educator who works both in elementary school and a community college. I definitely need a treat to look forward to also! It really helps!!

      Delete