Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Scoop & Currently: February 1


Happy Super Bowl Sunday morning, everyone!  I'm linking up today and pretty excited for it to be February!  There's something that I  like about February.  Maybe it's that it's such a short month.  Maybe it's all the cute Valentine's Day stuff that's around.  Who knows...but I am a fan.

Today, I'm liking up with Teaching Trio for the Sunday Scoop!  I love this post!


Here's my Sunday Scoop!!


Seriously, last week I made such a huge mistake!  If you don't want to hear about it...skip to the next section!  Last week, for the first time in about two years, I thought that I didn't need to prep any meals for the week and that it couldn't possibly be that big of a deal to cook at night and make extra for the next day. Ok...bad idea. I had a busy week anyway with after work stuff to attend to and I started the Whole 30. This meant that after I got home each night at 7:30-8:00 pm, I was then up cooking for the next day until at least 9 pm. NEVER. AGAIN. If nothing else, it was a great reminder of why I always spend time on Sunday prepping for the week ahead!  

So, because I was busy away from home and then cooking until bed time, I didn't get to do any of my cover redesigns last week and I really want to get that out of the way!  I told myself that I would give all of my old products a face lift before moving forward with new work so that my whole store would be presented in a way that I feel best represents where I am currently with my branding and products. Hopefully, I will finish updating my products this week!!  

So, with that said...let's move onto February's currently!! 

I'm linking up with Oh Boy, Fourth Grade for this month's currently!!




Listening:
I've been listening to this book for the past week.  I started it last Sunday.  Even though I started my Whole 30 on Tuesday, I didn't get the book finished before I started.  Listening to it throughout the process, however, has been rewarding because it provides continued knowledge and motivation throughout the process.  I just went grocery shopping and finding food without added sugar is becoming quite obnoxious. I do have some great stuff on the menu for today though!

Loving:
Why do I love having the rain back?  I actually loathe the rain.  Unfortunately, the sunshine and spring-like weather was putting my class into a spring-like 5th grade mental state and it's just way too early for that!  Bring on the rain!

Thinking:
I've been trying to come up with some good regular blog series features for this blog.  I've been considering the following:
Sunday: Sunday Scoop
Monday:  Open
Tuesday: Technology Tuesdays (anything technology related that we're doing in my classroom or that I've found and really liked)
Wednesday:  I don't know what to call this one but I want Wednesdays to be focused on all of the non-dominant curriculum related things that we do.  For examples, we always do art on Wednesdays and have a community circle on Wednesdays.  I want to feature these kinds of things on my Wednesday blog series.
Thursday: Thoughtful Thursdays (a series on my honest thoughts about anything...health, beauty, educational issues, educational trends, food, etc.)  This one would be less consistently focused on teaching so I'm not sure about it.
Friday: Five for Friday and Freebie Friday
Saturday: Best Seller Saturday

The rest, I think, speaks for itself.  Link up with us and leave a comment below!  I'd love to connect and chat with my readers!


5 comments:

  1. I really like your blog series ideas! I love the idea for Thoughtful Thursdays and I think it would be successful. It has been so hard for me to balance work and blogging that I think this is a great idea.
    Good Luck,
    Michelle
    www.mrsscotese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle!
      Thanks for the feedback! Sometimes it's hard to tell what other people want to see and read. I just think that I would love to bring a little bit of myself into my blog while also staying educationally focused and one weekly series might be a good outlet for that! Besides, teachers like food, fitness, makeup and well-formed opinions, right?
      Myranda

      Delete
  2. A personal assistant sounds fabulous! We have had way more rain this winter than I am used too and I missed the sunshine so my first graders can go outside. I wouldn't mind a couple of snow days though. ;) Hope your kids are getting it back together!
    Katie
    Inquiring Our Way Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!
      Wouldn't it be great!? I would definitely have my assistant cooking and cleaning right now and then replying to some emails. Haha. I could also go for some snow days!! I totally use them to get tons of work cranked out and I really could use that time right now. Plus, sleeping in is always nice. :)

      Delete
  3. I love finding other fifth grade teachers to follow. I also love the color scheme of your blog. SO pretty.

    I also am thought I could wing it on the whole cooking thing last week. I literally went to the grocery store every single day lsat week. Never again.

    I was trying to think of a name for you Wednesday blog posts. Maybe "Wonderful Wednesdays" or "Wild Wednesdays."

    Happy Sunday!

    Martina
    mrscahillsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete